Thursday 21 October 2010

The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell

Another book finished last night, I was really looking forward to this after reading a couple of good reviews inc SFX and got to say I was slightly disappointed especially with the ending.

Set in a post apocalyptic world (US) complete with the obligatory undead (who surprisingly take a bit of a back seat) it follows the lead character Temple (young teenage girl) and never fully explains her - to me anyway.

I think the major reason I was disappointed is that I like my books to be series and I don't think this will be, so purely a stand alone story which needed exploring and explaining more. Perhaps we may get more but I don't think so.

Saying all that its worth a read, even if for a few examples of terrain alone.

2 comments:

  1. Fair enough, I have a few zombie apocalypse type books on the go aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which ones ? I'm always looking for a different take on the subject.

    ReplyDelete